BLOCS 2017 Data Report
This report outlines quality improvement data and youth outcomes data from 2014-2017 for all program sites in the BLOCS network.
Weikart 2017 Comprehensive Report
This paper describes the results from implementing a quality improvement system in 77 youth development program sites around Louisville, Kentucky.
Communications Brief for the Weikart 2017 Comprehensive Report
This brief is a quick four-page summary of the 2016-2017 Weikert findings.
Find important nationally-published reports and studies related to out-of-school time and youth outcomes here.
After School Resources
Growing Together, Learning Together: July 2015
This report details the four elements that current evidence and experience suggest are essential to a successful afterschool system.
General OST Research
The Value of Out-of-School Time Programs: A RAND analysis finds that out-of-school-time programs are generally effective at producing the outcomes that would be expected by their content and design.
Hours of Opportunity: Lessons from Five Cities on Building Systems to Improve After-School, Summer, and Other Out-of-School-Time Programs (Volumes I, II and III): A major RAND report finds both promise and challenges in a citywide approach to improving the quality and availability of afterschool programs.
A Summary of Three Studies Exploring the Relationship between Afterschool Program Quality and Youth Outcomes Conference Paper Presented at the 2014 Ready by 21 National Meeting – Northern Kentucky
Effective afterschool programs bring a wide range of benefits to youth, families and communities.
- March 20, 2018 Louisville Out-of-School programs make positive impact on city's youth - WLKY Read More
- March 20, 2018 New report says after-school programs in Louisville are on the rise - WDRB Read More
- November 29, 2017 From Bad Day to Teaching Moment - Metro United Way Read More
- September 20, 2016 Bush Institute Releases State of Our Cities: Profiles of Education Performance around the Nation - Read More
- March 9, 2017 Summer Learning: Learning Summit held to discuss programs - WLKY View Here
- September 19, 2016 We're About One Word: Readiness - Speak United Blog - Metro United Way Read More
- June 20, 2016 Together: Leveraging Partnerships for Afterschool Systems - American Youth Policy Forum Read More
- May 19, 2016 News Editorial on Summer Learning - WAVE3 Read More
- May 16, 2016 Six free and safe summer programs for Louisville children - WDRB Read More
- March 28, 2016 Courier Journal - Courier-Journal op-ed Read More
- March 3, 2016 Summer Learning Summit held Thursday - WLKY Read More
- March 3, 2016 Programs help local kids evade 'brain drain' during summer vacation - WDRB Read More