BLOCS 2019 Data Report
This report outlines quality improvement data and youth outcomes data from 2014-2019 for all program sites in the BLOCS network.
Weikart 2019 Comprehensive Report
The 2019 evaluation report summarizes key trends in program quality and SEL outcomes for the past five years of YPQI engagement.
BLOCS 2018 Data Report
This report outlines quality improvement data and youth outcomes data from 2014-2018 for all program sites in the BLOCS network.
Communications Brief for the Weikart 2018 Comprehensive Report
This brief is a quick four-page summary of the 2017-2018 Weikart findings.
BLOCS 2017 Data Report
This report outlines quality improvement data and youth outcomes data from 2014-2017 for all program sites in the BLOCS network.
More OST Resources & Information
Find youth development programming tools, nationally-published reports and studies here.
Resources for OST Programs
BLOCS 2020 Virtual Activity Quality Checklist
BLOCS 2020 Virtual PQA Checklist
Staff Rating of Youth Behavior
SRYB Passive Consent Form
SRYB Observation Tool PDF
Growing Together, Learning Together: July 2015
This report details the four elements that current evidence and experience suggest are essential to a successful afterschool system.
General OST Research
The Value of Out-of-School Time Programs: A RAND analysis finds that out-of-school-time programs are generally effective at producing the outcomes that would be expected by their content and design.
Hours of Opportunity: Lessons from Five Cities on Building Systems to Improve After-School, Summer, and Other Out-of-School-Time Programs (Volumes I, II and III): A major RAND report finds both promise and challenges in a citywide approach to improving the quality and availability of afterschool programs.
A Summary of Three Studies Exploring the Relationship between Afterschool Program Quality and Youth Outcomes Conference Paper Presented at the 2014 Ready by 21 National Meeting – Northern Kentucky
Effective afterschool programs bring a wide range of benefits to youth, families and communities.
- December 11, 2018 Governance Matters: Organizing for Success webinar - Ready by 21 Read More
- December 8, 2018 Supporting Smaller OST Programs Reduces Opportunity Gap, Builds Equity - Youth Today Read More
- August 16, 2018 Thanks, Louisville, for investing in our youth outside the classroom - Courier Journal Read More
- March 20, 2018 Louisville Out-of-School programs make positive impact on city's youth - WLKY Read More
- March 20, 2018 New report says after-school programs in Louisville are on the rise - WDRB Read More
- November 29, 2017 From Bad Day to Teaching Moment - Metro United Way Read More
- September 20, 2016 Bush Institute Releases State of Our Cities: Profiles of Education Performance around the Nation - Read More
- March 9, 2017 Summer Learning: Learning Summit held to discuss programs - WLKY View Here
- September 19, 2016 We're About One Word: Readiness - Speak United Blog - Metro United Way Read More
- June 20, 2016 Together: Leveraging Partnerships for Afterschool Systems - American Youth Policy Forum Read More
- May 19, 2016 News Editorial on Summer Learning - WAVE3 Read More
- May 16, 2016 Six free and safe summer programs for Louisville children - WDRB Read More
- March 28, 2016 - Courier-Journal op-ed Read More
- March 3, 2016 Summer Learning Summit held Thursday - WLKY Read More
- March 3, 2016 Programs help local kids evade 'brain drain' during summer vacation - WDRB Read More